Safe Rx selected Finalist in 2020 Colorado Companies to Watch Award
Greenwood Village, CO – May 27, 2020. Safe Rx, a company on a mission to fight America’s opioid epidemic and teen drug abuse with its award-winning Locking Pill Bottle (LPBs®), was selected as a finalist in the 2020 Colorado Companies to Watch Award, adding to its recognitions among Colorado startups. Over the last 12 years, Colorado Companies to Watch has named 550 winning companies that represent over $3 billion in revenue and thousands of full-time jobs for Colorado.
Safe Rx expects to transform public health and consumer product safety through patented innovation that modernizes the 50-year-old child safety cap. Available nationally at Wal-Mart and Target, Safe Rx Locking Pill Bottles (LPBs®) cut off the number one source for teen drug abuse in the US, the family medicine cabinet, and are expected to generate a significant impact on the opioid epidemic.
“These days our kids are bored at home all day every day, while our heads are turned the other way on our Zoom meetings,” said President and CEO Milton Cohen. “At a time when sneaking pills from medicine cabinets is the number one source for teen drug abuse in our country, and 57% of pediatric poisoning fatalities are from drugs and supplements, we have heightened urgency in our mission of protecting American families,” he added.
- Product Showcase Award National Association of Chain Drug Stores’ 2017 Total Store Expo
- TiE10 SoCal Award at TiEcon Southwest 2019
- National Assn of Corporate Directors Startup Pitch Competition 2019
- Denver Startup Week TiE Pitch Competition 2018
- Pitch Tank Competition at Freedom Fest 2019
- ConnectPreneur Rocketpitch Virtual Conference 2020
- Keiretsu Forum Mid Atlantic 2020
- East Coast Venture Conference 2018
- Keiretsu Forum San Francisco 2019
- Cavendish Bio Impact Forum Spring 2019
- Cavendish Bio Impact Forum Fall 2018
- New York Venture Summit Summer 2019
- Venture Summit West Spring 2019
- New England Venture Summit Fall 2018
About Safe Rx
Safe Rx Locking Pill Bottles (LPB®) keep medicine from falling into the wrong hands. Physician-developed, child-resistant, teen resistant, and senior-friendly certified, Safe Rx LPBs are a simple, safe storage solution. They use a combination lock to protect individuals, families, and communities from accidental pediatric poisoning and intentional drug abuse. For more information please visit WWW.SAFE-RX.COM.
Secure Medication Systems LLC